Small controller and Brushless motor driver for MAXON motors
This microprocessor embedded control board is build around the ATMEL 89S8252 Flash microcontroller and
has been specially designed for the control of commutated (brushless) DC motors. The use of rotor position (Hall)
sensors are not required. The current rotor position is evaluated by using the back-EMF sensing technique. This
signal is also read by the processor to keep track of the motor position.
Brushless motors have a permanent magnet rotor and a wire-wound stator. They are efficient and provide
rapid acceleration, high speed, and smooth, quiet operation. The use of integrated power MOSFET stage
produces a high efficiency level. Suitable motors are Maxon 200138(3W), 200141(12W), 200189(30W)
Based on the ATMEL 89S8252 Flash memory micro controller.
- Onboard processor: allows sequence control.
- Intelligent: can control all the function of a small machine.
- Intelligent: can communicate or receive commands serially.
- Single supply over wide input voltage range (+9 .. 19 V DC).
- Complementary P and N channel FETs in half bridge configuration.
- Regulated and adjustable speed control. (Analogue or Digital)
- Speed monitor output.
- Fast 8052 type microprocessor with Flash memory.
- 5V Serial port and/or ISP.
8kB (* optional up to 32 kB)|
Inputs ( 8 can be used as input for BCD switches)|
Transistor outputs (600mA/5V)|
1 Protected High Side FET 1.5A@
Phase brushless motor driver NFET=5.3 A, PFET=4.0 A|
resistor & resettable fuse|
Red status LED|
||Flex for motor, I/O 10 DIP, Power 2.5mm socket|
||Single supply 9–30V DC|
||54mm x 84mm|