SMT172 Calibrated digital temperature Sensor
The SMT172 is an ultra-low power, fully calibrated, high accuracy digital sensor. Using the most recent advances in silicon temperature sensing technology, the SMT172 has applied sophisticated IC design techniques and high-precision calibration methods, to achieve an overall accuracy of 0.1ºC in the range of -20ºC to 100ºC (-4ºF to 212ºF) and an accuracy of 0.4ºC from -45ºC to -20ºC and 100ºC to 135ºC. The SMT172 requires only one digital pin.
- Overall accuracy 0.1ºC in the temperature range of -20ºC to 80ºC. (TO18)
- Overall accuracy 0.25ºC in the temperature range of -10ºC to 100ºC.
- Accuracy of 0.4ºC from -45ºC to -20ºC and from 100ºC to 135ºC.
- Absolute accurcy better then 0.1ºC.
- Noise less then 0.0001ºC
- Full temperature range from -45ºC to -135ºC (-49ºF to 275ºF)
- No external components required.
- PWM output is easy to read by the a microprocessor.
- PWM signal is proportional to the temperature.
- PWM digital signal can be converted to an analogue signal with low pass filter.
- Supply voltage 3V, 3.3V, 5V (Voltage range from +2.7V to +5.5V).
- 3 pin sensor, requires only one digital pin. ( Vcc, Gnd, PWM output ).
- 7 packages ( TO18, TO92, TO220, SOIC-8L, SOT223, HEC)
- Also available as a 7mm stainless steel probe supplied with a 5m cable.
- Can be supplied as naked DIE.
- Use with cable lengths up to 20m.
- USB Application boards for quick evaluation.
- SMTAS04 USBmini application board for use with up to 4 sensors.
- SMTAS08 USBmini application board for use with up to 8 sensors.
- SMT172toI2C interface board with I2C for I2C applications.
SMTAS04USBmini: The SMTAS04 evaluation board provides a quick and easy way to measure and evaluate the SMT172 Smartec temperature sensors. Up to 4 temperature sensors can be connected to the board. The SMTAS04USBmini has a USB interface. Power to the sensors is supllied from the USB port. The Celcius temperature value is output in ASCII and can be read with any terminal software such as Hyperterminal, Putty or RealTerm. We also have a program available that shows the measured temperature up to 4 sensors in a graph. See datasheet.
SMTAS08USBmini: With this evaluation board upto 8 sensors can be measured with an accuracy of 0.1ºC in the temperature range of -10ºC to 100ºC and a resolution of 0.0015 C. Sensors can be powered from the USB port or there is a connector to supply power from a DC power supply. The board uses an ARM Cortex-M3 STM32F103 to read the temperature sensors and output the measured values of the sensors PWM signal in HEX on the USB interface. See datasheet.
SMT172toI2C: This little interface board allows the SMT172 sensor to be used with an I2C bus. It is also possible to convert the SMT172 measured signal and output a PWM signal compatible with the obsolete SMT160-30 sensor. See datasheet.
Temperature sensor probe:
steel probe with the most accurate the temperature sensor built-in (TO18).
The stainless steel tube of the probe has diameter of
7.0mm x 40mm long. Supplied with a 5 mtr shielded cable. (Connection Brown = Vcc, Green = GND, White = PWM output).
• Heater systems.
• Air conditioners.
• Solar water heater systems.
• PCB component protection.
• Environmental monitoring.
• Home appliances.
• Washing machines.
• Vending machines.
• Power-supply monitoring.
• Computer thermal protection.
• Note book computers.
• Cell phones.
• Battery management.
• Temperature protection.
• Temp Data loggers.
• Medical instruments
• DNA testing.
• Sports and gym equipment.
• LED lighting control protection.
• Digital thermostat.
• Industrial equipment.
• Higher accuracy then DS18B20, TC72, TC4, TC77, LM73, TPM100, TPM4, TPM06, MAX6666, MAX6667, TSYS02.