SENSOR AND TRANSDUCER INTERFACE (USTI)
Create a Smart sensor with RS-232, SPI or I2C
USTI Universal Sensor and Transducer Interface
The Universal Sensors and Transducers Interface ( USTI ) is a fully
digital CMOS integrated circuit for use with any sensor or transducer with a
frequency, period, duty-cycle, interval, PWM , phase shift or pulse number
USTI is perfectly suited to any applications where frequency-time parameters
or sensors output signals need to be measured with highest resolution and
programmable accuracy. Non-redundant conversion time. The design is based on novel advanced methods
for frequency, period, duty-cycle and phase-shift measurements.
The USTI covers a wide range of frequencies and accuracies for modern
frequency-time domain sensors. In addition, the USTI provides interfacing for
resistive (including platinum, cuprum resistors and thermistors), capacitive
sensing elements and resistive bridges. The device represents a high-resolution
conversion and is designed to support all range of frequency-time domain and
digital sensor applications. The USTI offers high performance with
flexibility and requires minimum external components.
• 2 identical channels
• Wide range of frequencies and accuracy
• High precision / high resolution
• Frequency (time) to digital conversion
• RS232, RS485, SPI or I2C Interface
• 29 Measuring modes
• 1 generating mode
• Measuring modes hardware selectable
• Relative modes hardware selectable
• Mode and accuracy set via interface
• Slave mode: control via microprocessor.
• Master mode: without external control.
• Frequency range from 0.05 Hz to 9 MHz
• Frequency of 144 MHz with prescaling
• Programmable accuracy (relative error) for frequency (period)
conversion from 1 % to 0.0005%.
• Non-redundant conversion time
• Scalable resolution
• Internal reference clock 625 kHz
• 20 MHz @ 20 MHz quartz oscillator
• Quartz-accurate automated calibration
• 3-wire serial interface (SPI compatible)
• 2-wire interface (I2C compatible)
• RS-232/485 serial interface
• Provides interface for resistive (including platinum (Pt),
cuprum (Cu), resistors and thermistors (Ni)), capacitive sensing elements
and resistive bridges. Only a single reference element, of the same kind
as the sensor, is required.
• Design of Digital Smart Sensors.
• Intelligent sensor systems.
• Resistance bridge measurement.
• Time to Digital Conversion.
• Physical and Chemical Sensor
• SoC, SiP, BioMEMS, Lab-on-Chip
• Industrial and Process Control
• Data Acquisition Systems
• Frequency counters
• Consumer Electronics
• 28 pin PDIP , 32 pin TQFP, 32 pin MLF.
||© 2016 MMS Electronics Ltd Leeds - All Rights